Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I Tunes #AtoZChallenge

I'm participating in the Blogging from A-Z Challenge again this year. Today's post is brought to you by the letter I.

~*~*~*~*~

We're currently 9 weeks from Sawyer's due date and I've had plenty of time to contemplate my final human delivery and how I want it to be the same and different from the last two.  Granted, this is all speculation because labor never goes as planned.  I already know I want to go epidural-free, I want it video taped, I want it photographed, and I want my hubs and besty by my side the whole time.  Those elements are all the same as Presley's delivery and mostly the same as Trinity's.

One of the bright ideas I have is to create a labor/delivery playlist and hopefully use that as a distraction from the complete mind-numbing agony I will be experiencing.  When I was pregnant with Trinity, I wanted music and I think I even took some CDs into the hospital with me, but never played them.  With Presley, I worked on a Pandora playlist for most of my pregnancy, but the commercials and the horrible songs that would still crop up from time to time bugged me.  Not to mention, once I was at the hospital I pretty much just wanted to die.  That labor was hell on Earth!!

This time, I'm going in prepared.  I am working on compiling a playlist and putting it on my phone so I can just use a little bluetooth speaker in the delivery room.  I want songs that will be inspiring and sweet, but stuff that will make me smile in spite of my pain.  I consulted ye olde interwebs and found a few ideas.

#1 on my list is Push It by Salt N Pepa...for obvious reasons.

Also on my list are a couple songs that pay homage to the name Sawyer.  For that, I've chosen Lumberjack by Jackyl, Tom Sawyer by Rush, and Monty Python's Lumberjack Song.  All cheese, all the time, baby.

To hit the sweet spot of the moment, I chose Here Comes The Sun by the Beatles, and Beautiful Boy by John Lennon.  

Aside from these few tunes, my list is still incomplete.  I want a wide array of songs that will enhance this final labor and delivery.  Whether they're cheesy, funny, sappy, or somewhere in between, I want to hear them and remember the exact moment they played as Sawyer was entering the world.

If it were your playlist, what would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik