Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Bitten by the Christmas craft bug

Thanks to the ever-addictive Pinterest, I have a wealth of Christmas craft ideas at my fingertips. Obviously I don't have the finances available to indulge my every festive whim and that's probably a good thing. Because I have been bitten by the Christmas craft bug & it is something akin to a zombie virus. The only difference is instead of an insatiable craving for flesh, I crave things made with ribbon & hot glue.

Tonight it was an adventure in salt dough ornaments. I would consider it a mixed success. What I was going for was something like this:

But what I got was this:

Okay, so we didn't nail this one, but I betcha none of those crafty little bitches have a besty who can make ornaments as nifty as this:

Put that in your shabby chic, etsy-bought pipe & smoke it!

Last night, Trin & I bought some dollar store Christmas bulbs & made another pinterest-inspired ornament. This one turned out much cuter than the last.

It was such a success, in fact, that we made another one.

And since the handprint ornament didn't exactly hit the mark, I got my nephew in on the fun , making his very own bulb to take home w/ him tonight.

I wonder what kind of craftiness we can accomplish tomorrow?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik