Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Doin' it in waves

Where I once was the type of girl who did all her homework Friday after school, I'm now the type of woman who sets a deadline for something, then pushes it back multiple times so as not to feel like a failure when I don't get it done by that original deadline. I invest more energy in putting things off till the last minute than it would take to just get them done in the first place. I was NEVER that way before I met my husband, but somehow he has completely reformed my well-prepared ways.

Decorating for any holiday is one of those tasks that Justin & I have never managed to get finished all at once. We decorate in waves. For example, we put a single blow-up snowman on the front lawn and the countdown clock in the window 2 weekends ago. Last weekend we got our tree up, the lights hung on the gutters, and another blow-up on the lawn. We still have a tree out in the front yard to decorate, a little fake tree that needs put up in the kiddo's room, and the inside of the house has yet to be finished. I'm guessing we'll have those things done by this weekend, but it will be a process we spread out over at least 2 days. I don't know why we're this way. I'm sure it's infuriating for the people around us, but they can't complain too much b/c we always manage to get things done, albeit at the last minute.

And when we finally do accomplish something, look how pretty it can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik