Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Zapped


I am participating in the Blogging From A-Z Challenge. Each day in April (except the last 4 Sundays), I will post topic themes that begin with the letters of the alphabet, from A-Z. Today's letter is Z.

~*~*~*~

It's the end!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!!!  

This challenge could not end any sooner b/c my poor brain is zapped.  There is nothing going on inside my head tonight and as I type this, I don't even know where it's going to go.  In addition to this challenge, there is a lot going on in my world.  As brain dead as I may be, I'm not complaining.  Sure, I'm tired & ditzy, but it's all for a good reason.  I've got the usual family stuff, working, volunteering at the book exchange, I'm participating in the MDA Lock-up, I'm also participating in a walk for Williams Syndrome that Trin's old daycare provider is organizing, and we just booked our trip for Disneyland.  The MDA Lock-up & WS walk are both in May, only 4 days apart.  So needless to say, it's going to be a busy month.

I'm also very proud of the hubs & I for sticking to our nightly workout routine all last week.  We did a lot of yard work last weekend, as well.  I've been watching my calories, drinking a lot of water, and taking my vitamin every day.  The only thing I'm doing differently now from the last time I lost weight is I'm not eating dairy.  (Which I'm hoping will help w/ the weight loss since it's already helped w/ my upset stummy issues.)  I want to be healthy & stay healthy, but I'm not going to lie to you or myself & say that's all I care about.  I most definitely want to lose weight.  I weighed myself on our old scale & it said I was 170, but when I stepped on the digital scale it said 174.  I'm going to stick w/ the high number b/c I'm guessing it's more accurate.  Which means I've had to change my goal a little to a total of 44 lbs I want to lose.  Again, I'm not expecting to lose it all by our Disneyland trip in October, but I'd like to be well on my way.  I have to renew my driver's license on my birthday this year, so I'm aiming to be in noticeably better shape in time for my driver's license photo.

All-in-all, I'm in a good frame of mind.  This challenge has zapped my creativity more than it helped so I'm looking forward to taking a few days off & letting inspiration hit me rather than searching it out & putting out a post I'm less than proud of.  I hope all those who have read my blog during the last month have found at least 1 or 2 posts you can relate to or enjoyed.  I apologize that I haven't managed to comment on many other folks' posts, but I assure you, I do read a good many of them.  Now that I'm not pushing myself to post something every day, I'll be able to go back & read a lot more blogs, which I'm very much looking forward to.  

Congrats to all who completed the A-Z Challenge.  Now I think I'll reward myself with a glass of cheap wine & a trip to the store for some toilet paper! 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the challenge Trish and I can relate to feeling zapped after this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed this challenge from a readers point of view and also noticed some really outstanding blogs and some, "I used the letter and wrote some words" blogs, but all took time, some sort of effort and I appreciated each one!

    Good job, enjoy the cheap wine and pat yourself on the exhausted back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got distracted & didn't have my wine last night, but I'll make up for it soon. :)

      Delete
  3. You did finish :) and that counts! And hey we are the only ones (as far as I could tell) wich used the word ZAP :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik