Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Pinterest, you enticing little hooker, you!

I love Pinterest! I can't help it, I do. I love the way browsing through pins relaxes me a little. I love how clicking on the DIY/Craft pins makes me squeal with excitement over all the crafts I want to make, even if I won't actually attempt half of them. I love the way it makes me think I could possibly make my house look better than it does on little to no budget.

Tonight, I just want to sit & pin. Yes, there is laundry to be done. Yes, there are dishes to be washed. Yes, I need to get the garage organized so I can get to my elliptical & start working out again. But I won't do a damn bit of it. Instead, I will make a half-assed attempt at getting the laundry done. By that I mean I'll put a load in the wash, maybe move it to the dryer, but definitely won't take it out of the dryer. I also won't put away a single stitch of clothing from Mount St. Laundry that is piling up in my bedroom.
I won't wash the dishes, either. I'll look at them, maybe even start walking toward them, but instead I'll veer to the left, climb up on the step stool, and dig through the bag of Halloween candy sitting up on top of my fridge. When I walk away, munching that fun sized chocolate bar, or popping a delicious little sixlet in my mouth, the dishes will be forgotten. The rest of my night will be spent clicking between pinterest & facebook. My interaction with the mini people in the house will entail making them a quickie dinner of grilled cheese & applesauce, changing a smelly diaper or two, and dolling out the appropriate "stop that", "good job", "go play" when needed.

I understand this makes me a lazy bastard. Especially once I throw on a pair of my hubby's sweats & maneuver myself out of my bra w/out taking my shirt off.

1 comment:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik