Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming

That's right folks, I'm quoting Dory. The forgetful blue fish w/ the most memorable quote from a ridiculously adorable movie.

Instead of carrying on & on about why I need to "just keep swimming" (b/c I don't want to talk about it anymore than you want to hear about it) I'm going to share my clever little creation of the day. My very own version of the Keep Calm poster:


There's a story behind the salve. My Granny is what I lovingly refer to as a "granola", or as I like to call her, the Original Granola (O.G.) Growing up, any injury or skin ailment could be solved w/ salve. If I had a dollar for every time she told me to "put some salve on it", I could buy a lot of salve! So last night as I was cooking dinner, (yes I said cooking. I do that occasionally, believe it or not) I reached over the toaster oven to unplug a cord. Unfortunately for me, it was still hot from the french bread I had just cooked & I got a lovely burn on my wrist. My first thought: I should put some salve on it. I had to giggle at myself & Granny's granola legacy living on. And like any good internet junky, I knew the moment had to be commemorated w/ a Keep Calm poster.

Now I'm going to shut up & go to bed. And tomorrow I'll wake up to start a new day, hoping like hell it's better than today. Even if only by a tiny fraction. And if it isn't? Well...I guess I'll just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik