Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's been one of those weeks!


Yep, that about sums it up! Holy moly, this Mama is ttttiiiirrreeedd!!!!! (I used extra letters for emphasis there, did ya catch that?)

It has been one of those weeks where I feel like I've worked my tail off, but have made such little progress that I'm left wondering where the hell the time went & why I don't have more to show for it. A big portion of that feeling is job-related. The joys of middle management are bountiful, friends. Trying to manage a department while also keeping up with my ever-changing job duties is an exercise in futility. I swear I spent the last 4 days just spinning my wheels, stuck in one spot in spite of all the energy I put into trying to move. After 2-3 days in a hamster wheel, my brain started shorting out. Now that Thursday is drawing to a close, there is pretty much nothing going on upstairs.

Trin & I did manage a couple visit to the library to feed our reading addiction yesterday. I tell ya, there isn't much that can compare to sharing a hobby w/ your kiddo! I'm in no hurry for her to grow up, but I'm looking forward to the day when her & I are reading the same books. We've already decided that when she's older, we're gonna start our very own mother-daughter book club. It's these plans that keep me from locking her out in the shed w/ the spiders when she gets on my very last frayed nerve. (Which she has done multiple times in the last few days.) If the spiders got her, who would I book club with in 10 years or so?!

A few weeks ago, I applied to be a book-giver for World Book Night. I received my approval email today and one of the stipulations is that I read all 3 of the books I will be giving away. I got a head start on the required reading a few weeks ago, before I was even approved. One of the books was The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, which was soooo good!! (See the extra letters again? Yep, THAT good.) I read through it in just a couple of days, which is a huge feat for a full-time working mom such as myself. I started another of the books, Little Bee by Chris Cleave, a few days ago. That one was a struggle to finish! Not in an emotional, gut-wrenching way, mind you. More like an internal battle of will not to return it after the first few pages. I appreciated the story, but I wasn't a fan of this author's style of writing. Still, I powered through & finished it this afternoon. That was pretty much the only real accomplishment I can claim this week.

I really want to do a little more cleaning & organizing around the house this weekend, but I probably won't. Saturday is the Chinese New Year celebration in Jacksonville and Sunday I'm going to a meeting at the Rogue Book Exchange then rounding out the evening with a small anti-Super Bowl shindig. There won't be a whole lot of time to really get into a major project like what I'm itching to do. Oh well. There's always next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik