I am participating in the Blogging From A-Z Challenge. Each day in April (except the last 4 Sundays), I will post topic themes that begin with the letters of the alphabet, from A-Z. Today's letter is J.
I was starting to ponder what I'd write about today & was coming up empty. So I resorted to old reliable (aka Facebook) to ask my friends for ideas. Since their suggestions were as eclectic & comical as the people themselves, I thought I'd share them all.
Tomorrow's A-Z blog challenge letter is J. Obviously I can post about my husband, but I was hoping to hold off on that until a little later. Anyone have suggestions for an idea for a "J" topic I can use in tomorrow's blog post?
1) Jesus the gardener boy - Well, it's obvious by my yard that I have no gardener boy. If I did, he could be named anything, not just Jesus. He could be Bill or Max or Malachi. As long as he did a good job for a reasonable price, I'd be quite pleased.
2) Justin Beiber - He is proof how fickle tween girls are. My daughter & niece were madly in love w/ him right around the time his movie Never Say Never came out. Now, neither of them could care less. They're onto the next fad. Poor JB.
3) Jail - It's true: I'm going to jail. Okay, not for real, but I am getting locked up. On May 16th I'm participating in the MDA's annual lock-up. I've only raised $65 of the $1600 bail money, which makes me feel like a failure, but the event is still a month away, so there's still time for folks to help me make bail for a good cause. *hint, hint*
4) Jazz hands - Funny thing about jazz hands: my right hand works just fine, but my left hand just isn't as jazzy. So when I try to do jazz hands, it's more like jazz hand. Lame left hand, why must you be less dominant?!
5) Justice, June, and Janitors - I have no way to piece these three together cohesively. I don't want to start any controversy, but when I think of justice, it reminds me of an article I just read that George Zimmerman finally has a warrant out for his arrest. Could there be justice for Trayvon Martin? I certainly hope so! Even if a jury finds George Zimmerman innocent, at least there was a trial where the facts can be presented & weighed & a conclusion made. June reminds me of this wonderful woman I used to work with named June Drown. She was in her 90s when I met her. She would come into work in jeans, high heels, and lipstick. She was quite a character!! Apparently she was an actress in her youth, but I have never been able to find anything about the movies she was in. I'd love to see them, though. Thinking of janitors makes me look around my house & realize I need to clean house, bad!!
6) Jesus w/ Jazz hands - I don't know about writing some fiction about Jesus w/ jazz hands, but picture in your mind Jesus & all the amazing things he did. Now picture him stopping & doing jazz hands after each one. Water into wine? *Jazz hands!* Loaves & fish for 5000 people? *Jazz hands* Okay, I'm gonna stop while I'm ahead. :)
7) John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt - Hey, that's my name, too!! But it's so annoying b/c whenever we go out, our friends will always shout, "there goes John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt!" There's no going incognito w/ a name like that!
8) Jackasses - I don't feel like talking about my ex husband right now. (Sick burn!)
Brett & me at my bday luau
9) Job, jello, and joy - I hardly ever talk about my job b/c it's boring to most people. I prefer my role of the Chandler Bing where everyone knows I work, but none of them really know what the hell it is I do. Instead of talking about jello, I'll just share a picture of me enjoying some. (It had booze in it, but it's still jello!) That kind of jello brings me great joy! (As do many other things, but if I took the time to list everything that brings me joy, we'd be here all day!!!)
Okay, well that's about it. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Sorry this post is so crazy & all over the place. I'll try better with 'K'! :)
I'm a thirty-something mom & wife. I over-think everything, then I blog about it. I write for myself, not because I believe everything I say is hugely important. I just hope maybe someone will read it & be entertained or inspired. At the very least, it makes me feel better to have somewhere to dump my thoughts & fulfill my urge to write.