Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

A Night To Remember

The 5th Annual Sams Fam Halloween Party is over & it was pretty awesome this year!!  Justin & I wanted to incorporate a couple of new things so that it didn't seem like the same old party, so he built a photo booth out of PVC pipe for our Coffin Cam.  (It breaks down easily so it can be stored away & it can be put back together when we want to use it again.)  For the costume contest, we made cheesy little prizes for each category, including a trophy for worst costume (aka the Golden Turd Award) and one for the winner of Scream About Movies (the Scream Queen Award).  Our finances were tighter than in previous years, so we had to rely on our friends to bring either a snack, a drink, or both.  With what we bought plus what others shared, we ended up having more than enough food & drinks for everyone and lots of leftover booze for Justin's Zombie Apocalypse party in December.

I'll admit I overdid it on the Krueger Karaoke, but I was having so much fun I couldn't put the damn mic down!  Justin & I performed a pretty epic duet to Clarence Carter's "Strokin", which I think we should definitely try to bust out at every opportunity.  There was even one point where my sister-in-law came up & kind of started to karaoke w/ me, but I don't think she lasted the entire song.

As packed as our house was Saturday night, clean-up was relatively easy.  There wasn't nearly as much spillage as usual, which is always a bonus!  Yesterday while the hubs & I were reflecting on the party, we both agreed that we like that we try get a little more elaborate each time, but we don't really get a chance to interact w/ our guests as much as we want.  So we came to the conclusion that after Justin's birthday party, we're going to pare down how many folks we invite to our shindigs.  We don't like making anyone feel left out b/c we value our friends, but that usually leads to a crowd too large for us to fully enjoy everyone's company & then we regret not spending more time w/ certain people.  I'm not sure how it's going to play out, but my guess is that there will be the "usual suspects" who get invited to everything & then we'll have to stagger invites to the rest of our friends so that we get a chance to see everyone, just at various times throughout the year.  It's not like we're so freakin' special that we have more friends than we can count or anything; it's just that we don't see a lot of our friends very often so when they're at the house, we'd like the chance to really hang out w/ them.

Aside from one minor unhappy incident, the party went off without a hitch.  I can only speak for myself, of course, but I had a blast!  It certainly seemed that everyone else had fun, too.  I don't know that I could pick one particular costume that I liked the most or a single moment that was the highlight of the night.  (I can admit that halfway through the party, things got a little hazy. *lol*)  If you're so inclined, feel free to check out the photos we took on our camera by clicking HERE or the check out the Coffin Cam photos by clicking HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik