Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Best birthday memory

Day 24 of the November photo challenge is best birthday memory.  I don't have a lot of great memories from childhood birthdays, but I've had some doozies as an adult.  It was hard to pick just one, but I have to say my 27th birthday was probably the best I've had.

I had to work on my birthday that year and there hadn't been any talk about doing anything special for the day.  I didn't think a whole lot of it b/c my birthday isn't typically a big deal anyway.  It was a Friday, so I had some hope for a dinner out w/ the hubs or something like that.  My co-worker/friend asked what our plans were for the night & I said nothing.  He sort of chuckled, but at the time that didn't seem odd to me and the day wore on like normal.

After work, my hubs was very insistent about going to check out a local business to talk about getting satellite service.  I thought it was sort of odd that he would choose that particular day to do such a thing, but I didn't voice my concerns.  We went and ran the errands he wanted to run, then headed home.  I remember as we pulled up to the house, I thought I saw my co-worker/friend's truck parked up the street a little ways, but it seemed unlikely it would actually be him, so I put it out of my mind.

As we walked up to the front door, I was the first to walk in and BAM! I was assaulted with silly string.  Once the cans were empty, I saw that my co-worker/friend was there, along with our friends Chrissie and West.  Chrissie handed me 2 Slippery Nipples.  We drank and ate and had a blast.  Chrissie made me a cake w/ my favorite candy, Reese's PB cups, the house was decorated with streamers, and there were snacks and drinks galore.  It was the first time anyone had ever thrown me a surprise party.  I loved it!

Sometime during the party, I was told to sit in a chair in the middle of the living room and was blindfolded.  At that point, the song Sexy Back started playing and I heard the front door open.  I could feel someone moving and dancing and grinding all around me, then the blindfold came off and I saw our friend Casey dressed in drag.  I couldn't stop laughing.

In spite of having some great birthdays since, I still consider that day to be one of the best.  I don't think I had ever felt so special.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik