Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Lucky number

Day 19 of the November photo challenge is here & today's prompt is "Lucky Number".  For me, that number is 8.  I don't know that I'd necessarily say it's lucky so much as it's my favorite and when good things happen & somehow the number 8 can be tied into it, I trick myself into believing it's because 8 is my favorite number.

I don't know why I love the number 8.  It actually started when I was 8 years old.  I remember thinking that was a particularly fun age, though I don't recall any one reason why I felt that way.  I distinctly remember one day thinking "I like being 8.  8 is a cool number." and henceforth and forever more, it has been my number.

My wedding anniversary is May 16th.  The number 16 = 8+8.  (That was purely by happenstance; it was not planned that way.)  Other than that I'm at a loss to think of any significant event that I can tie into my favorite number, but I know there have been some.  More than it being lucky, I think the number 8 is just aesthetically appealing. It is never-ending.  (In fact, turn it sideways and it's the infinity symbol.)  Even spelling out the word "eight" is visually pleasing to me.  I'll also admit that I have a very, very mild case of OCD and one of my rituals is that I have to do certain things 8 times.  I don't turn on and off light switches or anything extreme.  It's more like making sure when I'm walking on a sidewalk that both feet each touch 8 cracks equally.  (Or 4 cracks each works, too.)  If I pet an animal or rub someone's back, I make sure to make my movements in increments of 8.  I used to grind my teeth when I was younger and when I did, I'd grind my left side 8 times, then my right side 8 times.

Now that I've let you all see just how crazy I really am, I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.  Just know that the number 8 is my favorite number.  I like it a lot and sometimes it's lucky.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik