Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I'm grateful for...

Day 18 of the November photo challenge is all about gratitude.  Though it may come at a time when I'm struggling with depression, financial stress, and work problems, I am still able to step back and look at all my blessings.

First and foremost, I'm grateful for my little family.  The Sams Fam Fab Four, as I like to call us.  For many years we were a trio and I don't mind saying we were the greatest trio around.  Then suddenly we found ourselves a quartet and I have to admit, it makes us feel complete.  I wouldn't be opposed to having another child someday, but I don't feel like we're missing out if we don't.  As a foursome, things have gotten a bit chaotic.  However, there's never a dull moment.

I'm grateful for my friends who are the extended family I always hoped to have.  With our random gatherings and various parties throughout the year, we stay close and there is only the occasional drama but it's usually smoothed over fairly quickly.

I'm grateful for a warm home.  One that is full of memories and life and love.  It may be frustrating as we try to sort through Judy's accumulated stuff while also finding a place to put our accumulated stuff, and sometimes it seems as if the walls are closing in on us, but it's home.  It's where we will live for the rest of our lives.  That gives me a sense of pride and security that can't be matched.

The list of things to be grateful for is so long that I don't really have time to list them all.  Suffice it to say, I could keep going for hours if I allowed myself to sit and ponder every wonderful person, place, or thing in my life.  Since I don't have that kind of free time available, just know that I'm a lucky, lucky girl.  To quote one of my favorite artists, Demun Jones, "everyday ain't 72 and sunny", but I know a blessing when I see one.  And I see them all around me, all the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik