Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Random word in the dictionary

Day 15 of the November photo challenge was interesting. The prompt was random word in the dictionary. Since nobody owns a physical dictionary these days  (ok, I do, but it's one of the things still in a box from the move last year) I relied on my trusty friend m-w.com for their word of the day.

Today's word was something that meant disgusting, so I looked through previous words of the day. I only really looked at significant dates, like my bday, my girls' bdays, and my hubs' bday. The word that I liked best was the word of the day on May 16th, my wedding anniversary.

Bijou, adjective:
  1) a small dainty usually ornamental piece of delicate workmanship : jewel
  2) something delicate, elegant, or highly prized

Since it was the word of the day on my anniversary, the perfect picture to represent that word was this one. It's my wedding ring. I was rocking Presley to sleep and snapped this photo with her pretty pink blanky behind my hand. I think that complemented the ring well.

This ring is my pride and joy. It was my Granny's and was given to me by my aunt with the explicit instruction to pass it down to Trinity one day. I had kept it in a jewelry box until Justin and I decided to get married. At that point, it made more sense for me to wear it until Trinity's older. It would kill me if it got lost or stolen, and it makes me happy to look down at it from time to time and think of my Granny or recall my own wedding day. I'm going to be proud to see it on Trinity's finger one day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik