Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

NaBloPoMo 2015

I've decided to jump into NaBloPoMo a day late.  It's actually been on my mind for awhile, but I was debating whether or not I had it in me to write every day.  Not only is time limited, but my brain function is, too.  Yesterday got away from me as we helped my besty finish up some moving, then spent some time together as a family, and prepared for the start of the new week.  In the midst of a coffee-fueled moment of (brief) clarity this morning, I felt that excitement and urge to write, which was what ultimately made my decision for me.

Due to the aforementioned mental deficit I've been experiencing lately, I pinned several links that provide a wealth of prompts for me to choose from.  I'm hoping the prompts will keep me from getting too stale as the month wears on.  Today I'm using one such prompt, which is a simple question:

Why start this challenge?

Since I will never be able to give a pithy answer to any question, ever, allow me to answer that in 3 short paragraphs.  

Writing has always come relatively easy to me.  I'm not skilled, necessarily, though every now and then I write something that I think is damned clever and that makes me proud.  For the most part, though, I just sort of spill my brain out as I clickety clack away on the keyboard.  Thoughts come rushing out just as fast as I can type them.  I don't feel as if anything I say is life-changing or important; it just feels good to say it. And that, dear friends, is why I started a blog.

I have participated in the A-Z Challenge and NaBloPoMo several times and find that although it can be tough to come up with something halfway interesting to write about every single day for a whole month, it pushes me to explore different ideas and sometimes gives me a reason to think about things I wouldn't normally.  Sometimes I share the link to my blog on the sites that list participants for the challenges and that opens the door for new followers and the chance to discover new blogs for me to follow, as well.  Most of the time I just share it on my fb page and a few of my friends will pop on and see what level of trainwreck I've reached on any given day.

The point is, I don't write for anyone else, necessarily.  I enjoy it when people are entertained enough to keep reading, but there isn't a grand purpose.  I don't share recipes or have nifty gimmicks like "wordless Wednesday" or whatever.  My blog is purely selfish in nature.  It provides me an outlet for my mixed up thoughts and serves as a journal, since I've long ago given up trying to keep a real one.  So why did I start this challenge, you ask?  Because why not?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik