Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Kitschy Trish

I'm participating in the Blogging from A-Z Challenge again this year. Today's post is brought to you by the letter K.

~*~*~*~*~


As a child of the ultra-kitschy 80's, it's no surprise I would love and be inspired by anything tacky.  While my tendency is not to collect tons of possessions myself (my husband & kids do enough hoarding collecting for all of us, thank you very much!), I find myself drawn to all things kitschy, ugly, and just plain odd.  Signs that say wildly inappropriate things are a personal favorite, and that tends to spill over into my cross stitch pattern choices, as well.  I've never had an eye for more "grown up" design.  Landfill fodder is more my style. 

Recently one of my oldest and dearest friends was visiting from out-of-town and made a comment about trying to find me some kitschy little gift to bring with her when she visited.  I had to giggle when she said that b/c a) I had already picked today's letter topic and b) I love that when my friends think of me, they think of the off-the-wall, tasteless side of life...in the nicest way, of course!

Here is a small sample of my trove of tacky little trinkets.  My kitschy/cool collection, as it were.  (Keep in mind, most of these were treasures I saved from my mother in law's stuff that we sorted through when we bought her house.  Don't worry: I'm working on my own unique collection, too.)  Enjoy!






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for making "Kitschy" fun!


    Beth Lapin
    Activities for a Good Life
    https://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I had planned to visit some local stores and take pictures of kitschy things I love to really illustrate my style, but I didn't make it. Luckily, I have a little stockpile around the house. :)

      Delete
  2. What is Kitschy? I've never heard of this term before. What year were you born in to be a child of the 80's?

    Shelly @ http://hangryfork.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitschy basically means tacky. I think it's a fun word. :)

      I was born in 1980, so you can't get much more 80s than that. *lol*

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik