Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Pinterest Projects

I'm participating in the Blogging from A-Z Challenge again this year. Today's post is brought to you by the letter P.

~*~*~*~*~


Pinterest is one of the websites I visit the most.  In fact, since discovering it I don't think I've gone more than a day or two without logging in.  Like most people who use Pinterest, I have about a million pins and have only completed a handful of those.  

I have dreams that one day at least one room in my house will have most or all of the design and/or decor pins I've got on my "For Our Nest" board.  Every year I vow this will be the year that my kids' parties will be up-to-par with some of my party pins.  So far I've just managed to make a few crafty things and that's about it.  The good news is that I can't think of any that could be eligible for the pinterest fail website. (I call that a win!)  I know a lot of what I pin is far out of my budget and skill level, but I pin it anyway b/c I'm a daydreamer and love to think about what it would be like to have that amazing reclaimed wood wall in the bathroom or the beachy/tiki themed backyard oasis.  

While I haven't won the lottery or inherited millions from an obscure relative to accomplish anything big, here are a few of the pinterest projects I have actually completed.
U of O string art project for my father in law's bday

Retirement gift for my hubs' high school music
teacher

Dandelion string art I made to raise money for a trip to Arkansas.

A thank you gift I made for my friend who made the Arkansas trip happen.
I still haven't glued it all down and mailed it b/c I'm a slacker, but it will
happen one day.

Tie dye technique I used for last 4th of July


Stitch costume I made for my oldest daughter last Halloween


Probably my favorite completed project.  This one is hanging in my
laundry room.

This wine glass beach scene is my most recently completed project.
They sell tiny cocktails on Etsy, so I plan to add a little
Strawberry Daiquiri to it, and possibly some tiny flip flops.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik