Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Random adventures in shopping

My morning started at 4:30am, holding my kid's hair back while she threw her guts up. She was perfectly fine last night, spiked a fever right before bed, woke up even sicker, then was fine by early afternoon. Kids. *shakes head*

Most of the day was uneventful. I stressed about money, finished reading a book, did some light grocery shopping, babysat my nephew, washed some laundry...you know, the usual. The hubs' besty stopped by to film some scenes of a new Steve & Carl skit & watch tonight's episode of The Walking Dead with us. In honor of the awesomeness that is a tv show about zombies, I decided to make us a big ole' spaghetti dinner, but I named it "brainsketti". We can't very well have brainsketti without french bread, or "flesh bread" as Trin so aptly renamed it. But we didn't have any french bread in the house, so a trip to the store was in order.

Here's where you say "is she seriously blogging about a trip to the freakin' grocery store?! Really?!" To which I must replay: quit being so damn judgy! Yes I'm blogging about a trip to the grocery store. But this trip wasn't just your ordinary sojourn to Food 4 Less for some reasonably priced items to complete our family dinner. Just keep reading & you'll get the point soon enough. Sheesh.

Sitting on the couch in my Homer Simpson jammy pants, seeing my husband & his best friend in their mullet wigs & redneck garb, a light bulb went off. We should go to the store in those wigs!!! Seeing as I was born without a filter between my brain & my mouth, this thought burst forth at the very same time it ran through my head. No time to think better of it. No time to get nervous about the absurdity of the whole thing. No time to back out. So Mike in his "Steve" costume, and me in my husband's "Carl" wig, ridiculously awesome Homer jammies & Pink Floyd hoody, loaded up in the van & headed to the store. (The hubs & the kiddo came along, too, complete w/ digital camera. Because how can an event like this occur without photographic proof?!)

Some people ignored us, some stared in disbelief, and others laughed. Regardless of the reaction, we were thoroughly enjoying ourselves. It was silly and pointless, but fun. I guess today's lesson was that being a grown up can be downright monotonous sometimes. In fact, there are days when it really, really sucks. So every once in awhile you just gotta give in to that first crazy idea that pops into your head before your rational side has time to talk you out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik