Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Saturday night crazies

Last weekend I did something I didn't think I'd ever have the guts to do: I sang karaoke in public. The reason I add the "in public" part is b/c we have a karaoke program on our computer & we bust the microphone out at every opportunity. But making an ass of yourself in front of friends is not even close to the same as it is in front of strangers. And I kind of want to high five myself for actually doing it. (Of course, I'd then have to high five our friend, Arron, for putting my name on the list. I'd also have to high five my hubs' besty's ladyfriend, Tiffany, for making it a duet.)

It's funny b/c I didn't really feel like going out Saturday night, but I also didn't want to be a stick in the mud. Every once in awhile I go through a bitchy stage that exceeds my normal level of bitchiness, and I was at the pinnacle of that last weekend. I can blame it on any number of factors, but truth of the matter is, I'm just moody. So we went out to the bar & met up w/ the hubs' besty & his ladyfriend, Tiffany, who we were meeting for the first time.

Things started out good, but mellow. We drank a little & chatted at a local sports bar. (Sooo not my scene, but it wasn't too sporty so it worked out.) As the drinks started kicking in, we got the urge to karaoke. Okay, I didn't have the urge to karaoke, personally. But I did have the urge to listen to bad karaoke in a seedy bar & drink some more. So we did and I did.

We have a local haunt called the Beijing House. It's a combination Chinese restaurant and bar. I had spent a few evenings there in the past, but the hubs & I quit bar hopping a long time ago, so it had been awhile. The place was pretty empty, but as soon as the party of people in '80s costumes showed up, things started getting fun.

Truthfully, the night is kind of a blur. At some point we moved from our booth in the back to a table. Arron & Jon joined us, we made random friends w/ the other inebriated patrons, and the Trish who rarely-to-never dances suddenly started dancing like a crazy fool, singing along (loudly & badly) to almost every song played, and eventually made my way on stage w/ Tiffany & karaoked Baby Got Back. I'm sure through sober eyes, I looked like I had some mental issues, but in my drunken state, I didn't really care what people thought. I was cutting loose; having fun in a way I hadn't in a very long time.

I needed that. I needed to dislodge the stick that was up my ass and have fun. That euphoric feeling lasted 3 days & now here I am again, back in my rut. It's time to brainstorm & find my way out b/c this person I've been lately is not who I am or who I want to be. So I guess the question is: how do I fix this?

8 comments:

  1. Well, one thing for sure buddy-law. You will be out of your rut on Feb 25th. Can't wait to see the drag queen's in dancing and singing action. Tiffany, wants to hang out and do stuff and get out of the same 'ol same 'ol she has done for so many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously CANNOT WAIT for the drag show! It's going to be rad!!!

      Delete
  2. So I had so much fun the othe night. I have been in a rut to until I meet Mike. I am having so much fun. I really had a great time and cannot wait until the 25th its going to be great. We need to get together and do lunch without the boys or something. Thanks for sharing my birthday with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blast, too! :) I'm down for a girly lunch date sometime. I've been hoping Mike would land himself a ladyfriend so we can do couples dinners & game nights & all that fun stuff.

      Delete
  3. I think you need to seriously reconsider who you associate yourself with... They will corrupt you. Hanging out with these people, I'm amazed you're even in a rut at all. I mean, who in their right mind would invite ME to anything, let alone a party? Sheesh, If you would just pull that stick out and hang out with the cool kids more often...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do tend to associate w/ some odd people! I mean, I have this one friend who makes his own bbq sauce & brings these things called Gatduluauwiches to parties. I mean, WHO DOES THAT?!?! Crazy-ass bastards! ;p

      Delete
  4. Good job singing!!!! I've never done it, but hope to someday. I've been trying to just get OUT more and connect with friends, which has helped me get out of a rut. Spring also helps me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd be way more nervous, but I think the drinks helped with that! *lol*

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik