Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Favorite Things

I'm participating in the Blogging from A-Z Challenge again this year. Today's post is brought to you by the letter F.

~*~*~*~*~

I would not call myself a minimalist in the truest sense of the word, but I am a woman who places the most value in memories, stories, and thoughts over items that can sit and gather dust.  That's not to say that I don't have some sentimental things that mean the world to me, because I definitely have those in spades, but when it comes down to it, my favorite things are not things.  

My favorite things are:

The smell of fresh cut grass

The sound of the dryer running

Early mornings

Late nights

Saturdays

The sound of afternoon hustle and bustle when I'm not a part of the rat race

The sound of water swishing around in a tub or pool

The clanging of wind chimes

Laughing until I cry

The smell of old books

Being barefoot

Neck kisses

Hugging and being hugged

Watching my kids really play together

Walking out of the building at the end of my work shift

Hearing a song on the radio that I haven't heard in years

Feeling useful

The smell of bread baking

The smell of coffee brewing

Sitting around a fire on a summer night

The list could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.  What are some of your favorite things that aren't things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik