Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cuz I'm batshit crazy, Bob!

My Dad will be over to visit soon & I'm sitting in front of the computer in my pj's, no bra, unshowered, and rockin' the look that Justin lovingly refers to as "Lori Petty ala Point Break". (That is to say, my short hair is pointing in every different direction & I have that bug-eyed, crazy thing going for me.) I'm not a total time-waster today, though. I managed to wash dishes, string ribbon through the salt dough ornaments we made a couple weeks ago, and sprinkled some baking soda on my carpet to hopefully soak up some of the dog stench. I just haven't vacuumed it all up yet.

I originally started to post today to whine about what a piece of crap I am & launch into specific examples of how my big mouth has gotten me in trouble recently, but the moment kind of passed when I looked at the clock and realized it's 9am & I look like something that crawled out of a grave in the Thriller video. AND MY DAD WILL BE HERE SOON!! (See, I don't have a problem looking like shit in front of my kiddo & my hubs, but anyone outside of them needs to see a somewhat cleaner version of The Trish.)

I'd also like to mention before I end this ridiculously pointless post, aging is pretty cool in that you start realizing that everyone is messed up in their own little way so you don't have to strive for perfection that doesn't exist b/c the people who love you won't love you any less if you're flawed. But aging sucks in that I just noticed that my nipples now point at a more downward angle when I'm not wearing a bra & that, my friends, makes me want to cry.

Okay, off to scrub toilets, shower, vacuum, and generally just be more productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik